Via the Patenting Commission, the University of Sassari outlines the policies to be pursued, fosters and encourages the protection of the Intellectual Property of research resultscarried out within the organization.
The concept of intellectual property includes:
- creative intellectual work protected by copyright (literary, artistic, and scientific pieces of work, software, databases, ...);
- distinguishing signs, such as brands, signs, geographical names or names of origin, etc..;
- technical and design innovations such as inventions, know-how, new species of plants, and designs protected by patent law.
The Technology Transfer Office (TTO), having access to expert advice, supports researchers and university staff in the selection of the best form of protection, and during the whole process needed to achieve it.
- Protection of industrial designs and models
- New plant varieties
- Italian Patent and Trademark Office
- Chamber of Commerce
- European Commission IPR Helpdesk
- European Patent Office
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Codice Proprietà Industriale (CPI)